Press Release: Official Launch of JPMS BLOGS
Journal of Pakistan Medical Students (JPMS) is proud to announce the official website of JPMS BLOGS which went live on May 20, 2012. The first Blog post went live on May 24, 2012 with the first scientific post from one of the Chief Moderators from the JPMS Blogs Team.
Summary of the General Policies
- The purpose of blogs is to discuss the scientific content of medical research in a reader friendly manner.
- We request contributors to refrain from political statements and critique on government policies unless they can be substantiated by facts from peer reviewed journals.
- Similarly, discussing religious aspects and personal beliefs is discouraged.
- The JPMS BLOGS ADMIN has a similar policy of handling comments which will be posted in response to the blogs.
- All the contributions should not have been published or copy pasted from elsewhere.
- Contributions should not have any implication in terms of religion, politics etc.
- Send your contributions to [email protected]
- Read the Policies and disclaimer for more information.
Objectives of JPMS BLOGS:
1. Spread awareness in students, doctors, policy makers regarding the updates in the medical literature and healthcare related issues.
2. Bridge the gaps among the researchers, students, doctors, policy makers and common people.
3. Give a platform for publishing medical and health related articles free of cost in a short period.
4. Since JPMS is a supporting organization of Healthcare Information For All HIFA 2015 (www.hifa2015.org), JPMS BLOGS is an initiative taken in order to ensure that common people have access to an informed healthcare.
5. Developing countries have limited access to research journals. If correct and accurate information is given to the doctors from the developing countries, their needs for the scientific knowledge can be addresses via this blog.
6. To promote the culture of writing and reading, which has declined recently. JPMS BLOGS will host international writing competition twice a year.
7. Comments from the readers and response from the authors, will decrease the gaps between the authors/researchers and the readers.
8. Promote social and medical organization by writing features on them, so that they their voice to a greater audience.
9. Present research in a simple language so that common people and doctors who do not have much knowledge and understanding of the statistical methods, can benefit from the scientific literature.
Journal of Pakistan Medical Students and JPMS BLOGS:
JPMS Blogs are not a part of Journal of Pakistan Medical Students (JPMS) nor do they reflect the policies of the journal except for the Press Releases published on the blog website. JPMS Blogs are published interdependently and in no way follow the editorial or other policies of JPMS.
“JPMS –Open Access Publisher”, publishes Journal of Pakistan Medical Students (JPMS) quarterly online and biyearly on print from the office of JPMS based at: 109/2 Popular Avenue, DHA Phase-6, Karachi, Pakistan. Other products from the same publisher include, JPMS BLOGS, published at: blogs.jpmsonline.com JPMS Open Access Publisher as a publishing company is owned by the Drs, Anis Rehman and Haris Raiz. For more information about the ownership of the journal, email at [email protected]
Role of JPMS in JPMS Blogs:
The content of JPMS BLOGS do not reflect the policies of Journal of Pakistan Medical Students except for the Press Releases. Content of JPMS BLOGS is not peer reviewed, however they have to be approved and moderated by one of the nominated editors from JPMS. Refer to Disclaimer and Policies section for more details.
Dr Rehan Qayyum, MD, MHS, Johns Hopkins – School of Medicine, guided the Team in formulating the guidelines and policies of the JPMS BLOGS. The JPMS Blogs Team acknowledges his contribution.
JPMS Press Releases:
Initially, the press releases from JPMS were published and hosted on the www.jpmsonline.com. However due to the technical problems related to the indexation of pages by the indexation agencies, Press Releases have been shifted to JPMS BLOGS. Press Releases from Nov 2011 to present are published here.
Designing the Website:
Dr Burhan Mian (Umeraqi, China), handled the issues pertaining to the website hosting and domain. Dr Anis Rehman (Tando Allahyar, Pakistan) designed the website and handled the SEO of the sub domain.
Thank you for your support,
JPMS Blogs Admin